Skip to main content
Safety, subsidy and cargo
Terms and Conditions:
- MAF is a not-for-profit organisation, which means we do not make money from flying our aircraft. Overseas churches, organisations and individuals donate money to assist MAF to provide an air service to remote parts of PNG.
- We have set the normal rate we charge our customers at a level which only covers the costs MAF has to pay to run an air transport service; fuel, aircraft repairs, wages etc.
- From overseas donations, MAF sets aside money in a Subsidy Fund which allows us to offer a discount to make it more affordable for our church and mission customers to use MAF aircraft. This is called our Church and Mission Rate. This means we charge such customers less than the normal rate and MAF pays the difference from the Subsidy Fund.
- To apply for a Subsidy Discount, an organisation must first be on the MAF PNG list of approved Subsidy Organisations. To apply for an organisation to be added to this list, please download the document Application for MAF Subsidy Approval, fill it out as fully as possible and email it to [email protected]
- To request a Subsidy Discount on a flight, please download the document MAF Flight Request and Subsidy Application Form and email it to [email protected], a MINIMUM of four weeks prior to your requested flight date.
- Our aircraft are weight restricted. Depending on the length of the journey and destination the weight allowance varies. Maximum weight allowance is: C208 Caravan = nine seats max 1100kg
- When traveling on seat fares, each passenger is entitled to up to 16kg of checked baggage and one small piece of hand baggage up to 4kg.
- When you receive a charter quote it will tell you the maximum allowed payload or weight for the planned flight. This weight allowance includes each passenger’s body weight, checked baggage, hand baggage and cameras etc.
- All items and people will be weighed on arrival. If your total weight exceeds the weight allowance provided to you then you will need to leave some baggage or cargo behind.
Safety and Weather:
- Safety is our overriding concern and all flights are conducted weather permitting.
- If your flight is cancelled due to poor weather, pilot unavailability, or maintenance issues, you will have the choice of accepting a refund or rescheduling on the next available flight.
- Incidental expenses incurred due to weather delays or cancellations are the full responsibility of the passenger. These include but are not limited to meals, overnight accommodation expenses and passenger-arranged alternate transportation.
- Dangerous Goods can only be carried under certain conditions and must be correctly packaged. Please contact us if you wish to transport any dangerous goods.
- Unless properly packaged and pre-arranged with us, please ensure there are no dangerous goods within your luggage. These include, but are not restricted to flammable or compressed gases, flammable liquids, poisonous and toxic substances, corrosives, explosives, infectious substances and dry ice.
Before You Fly - Downloads